ABC News offers a gender-privilege questionnaire. The greater the number of your yes answers, the greater your privilege:
- A person of the opposite gender will complete the task for you should you need to change a flat tyre.
- Your different-gender companion for the evening will offer to pick up the tab.
- Upon divorce you are guaranteed custody of the children unless your spouse is deemed an unfit parent.
- In the event of an emergency evacuation – such as from a sinking ship – your gender will be removed to safety first.
- Extreme intoxication absolves you of all responsibility for non-consensual sex.
- Numerous agencies and organisations will eagerly assist should you claim physical, mental or financial abuse by a partner.
- Persons of your gender are much less likely to be seriously injured or killed at work.
- Should you not receive a promotion you think you deserve, your accusations of sexism will receive a sympathetic hearing from friends and family.
- Your gender outlives the other by some five years on average.
- It is impossible for a rape joke to be funny.
The real, equally meaningless, formulated-by-an-academic questionnaire is here.