A mobility-impaired West Australian riding a personal transportation device is incinerated in a “tragic and awful” accident:
Sergeant Jeremy Ashworth-Preece said police received several calls from members of the public, who heard the man crying out for help but were unable to assist him because of the flames.
“The male person was on the mobility scooter and was distressed,” he said.
“The fire brigade, St John Ambulance and police were dispatched to the scene and we were unfortunately confronted with the gentleman who was deceased.”
The environmentally-friendly transport device apparently spontaneously combusted:
While investigations are continuing, police believe the blaze was triggered by a battery malfunction.
A shocking event no matter how you look at it.